ALL CONFERENCE SELECTION
Conference volleyball coaches will select the East Husker Conference volleyball teams during the 19th week of the NSAA standardized calendar using an electronic means.
All-Conference teams will be announced after all East Husker Conference schools have completed State Tournament competition.
Members of the East Husker All-Conference Team shall be determined by the following method.
1. Each coach will nominate his/her own players that he/she believes deserve consideration for all-conference teams by emailing their nominations to the conference secretary prior to Monday noon of the designated selection week. In an effort to improve the voting process, AD’s should view and approve nominations before they are submitted to the conference secretary.
2. Each coach is encouraged to prepare an information sheet on each player nominated, stating such things as kills, blocks, serve percentage, etc. and electronically distribute to all other voting coaches prior to the vote.
3. The conference secretary or designee will setup an electronic method for coaches to rank all nominations. A coach may not vote for a member of his/her own team.
4. On Wednesday of the designated week, coaches will use the electronic method to rank order and vote for 24 players, ranking the “best” player 24 points and the “24th” player with 1 point prior to noon.
5. In case of ties for the last place on an all-conference team, coaches will electronically vote one time to break the tie. If after a re-vote a tie remains, a drawing to determine the position will result.
6. The all-conference team selected from the balloting will consist of eight first team members, eight second team members, eight third team members and any other person receiving a vote will be awarded honorable mention. All honorees will receive awards of recognition as specified under Awards in the bylaws.
Any incomplete ballots will be disregarded.
The East Husker Conference shall conduct a volleyball tournament for its member schools to be held on the Thursday & Saturday of the 15th week of the NSAA standardized calendar. The tournament shall be played per the East Husker Conference Volleyball Tournament Schedule found in the forms section. The tournament director shall be determined from the conference activity rotation schedule (SEE APPRENDIX A). The tournament director shall assign hosting responsibility to the appropriate schools.
Seeding the Tournament
The following procedure will be used to seed teams for the conference tournament.
OFFICIALS & STAFF
1. Referees—Contracted by EHC
2. Tournament Director
3. Ticket Takers
4. Scoreboard Operators
5. Libero Trackers
6. Line Judges
Passes Accepted: EHC Official, NSAA, and NSAA Media
Programs are required for the Volleyball Tournament.
Plaque Inserts: If more than ten schools registered, the first, second, and third place teams will receive plaque inserts for their accomplishment. If 10 or fewer schools participate, a first and second place plaque is provided.
See Tournament Brackets, Tournament Procedures, Admissions, Finances and Awards for additional information.