ALL CONFERENCE SELECTION
Conference softball coaches will select the East Husker Conference softball teams during the 16th week of the NSAA standardized calendar using an electronic means.
All-Conference teams will be announced after all East Husker Conference schools have completed State Tournament competition.
Members of the East Husker All-Conference Team shall be determined by the following method.
1. Each coach will nominate his/her own players that he/she believes deserve consideration for all-conference teams by emailing their nominations to the conference secretary prior to Monday noon of the designated selection week.
2. Each coach is encouraged to prepare an information sheet on each player nominated and electronically distribute to all other voting coaches prior to the vote.
3. The conference secretary or designee will setup an electronic method for coaches to rank all nominations. A coach may not vote for a member of his/her own team.
4. On Wednesday of the designated week, coaches will use the electronic method to rank order all the nominees prior to noon.
5. In case of ties for the last place on an all-conference team, coaches will electronically vote one time to break the tie. If after a re-vote a tie remains, a drawing to determine the position will result.
6. The all-conference team selected from the balloting will consist of 11 first team members and 11 second team members. All honorees will receive awards of recognition as specified under Awards in the bylaws.
Any incomplete ballots will be disregarded.
See Tournament Brackets, Tournament Procedures, Admissions, Finances and Awards for additional information.
CONFERENCE SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTThe East Husker Conference shall conduct a Softball Tournament for its member schools to be held Saturday of the 12th week of the NSAA standardized calendar with the rain date on Monday of the 13th week of the NSSA standardized calendar. The competition will start at 9:00 a.m. unless the tournament was suspended due to weather on Saturday, then the start time will be delayed 2 hours for each round previously completed. (SEE TOURNAMENT BRACKET)
The host school for the East Husker Conference Softball Tournament shall be determined from the conference activity rotation schedule (SEE APPENDIX A) and must have access to 2 softball fields in the same community.
Seeding the Tournament
1. Coaches will not rank their own team.
2. Coaches will rank the other teams with 1 being the highest rank, 2 being the second highest rank, etc.
3. Athletic directors shall approve and submit the rankings electronically by the Monday of the 12th week before noon.
4. The conference designee will combine the rankings to seed the tournament. The school with the lowest combine rank will receive the top seed, the second seed will go to the school with the second lowest combine rank, etc.
5. Ties for seeding process will be determined by the following method:
A. Head-to-Head winner
B. Team with the greater number of highest rankings (based on the coaches’ rankings)
C. Coin flip to be arranged by the tournament director
Game Times and Brackets
If there are 6 or fewer teams in the tournament, a pool-style format will be used for the tournament. If there are seven or more teams a bracket will be used.
1. The higher seed in each tournament game will be the home team and will occupy the third base dugout.
2. An hour and one-half time limit will apply to each tournament game. With tiebreaker rules in effect.
3. Fifteen minutes will be allowed between games.
4. The Monday following the tournament date will be set as the rain date.
5. If Saturday tournament play is suspended due to weather, the tournament will continue the Monday alternate date with affected games resuming from the point of suspension with respect to players, counts on the batters, and game times remaining on the clock. If a player from a suspended contest is unable to play on the Monday alternate date, a substitution must be made.
6. If the tournament is postponed on the Monday date, it will be cancelled.
OFFICIALS & STAFF
1. Tournament Director
2. Umpires—Contracted by EHC
3. Ticket Takers
4. Field Maintenance
5. Scoreboard Operators
ADMISSION $5-Adults, $4-Students
Passes Accepted: EHC Official, NSAA, and NSAA Media
Programs are required for the EHC Softball Tournament.
Plaque Inserts: If more than ten schools registered, the first, second, and third place teams will receive plaque inserts for their accomplishment. If 10 or fewer schools participate, a first and second place plaque is provided.